Monday 23 February 2009

Mary Poppins Wants me to Read Sartre

Readers of this blog will be aware that recently I have been plagued with visions of Mary Poppins. Specifically, I had a dream that detailed a dark adaptation of the 'Mary Poppins' movie.

I'm convinced that Mary or P.L. Travers is using me to convey her wishes to the world that Tim Burton do a movie version of Mary Poppins. I'm sure Depp would jump at the chance to get into drag and be a dark Poppins.

And I have some great ideas for what this dark Poppins could do. Burton can contact me for ideas, though I may charge him more than "tuppence a bag".

But that wasn't the end of my Poppins dreams.

Oh no.

A week later, I had another set of Poppins dreams.

In them, Mary came to me and urged me to buy Sartre's complete works. I time travelle with Mary and visited a small village and met an old lady who turned out to be a relative of Sartre and she showed me about her house and was just going to make me a very good offer for his complete works ... when I woke up.

Hmmm.

Not sure if it's Hollywood, but there's something in it.

And maybe I'll crack open that Sartre.

No comments: