Monday 18 February 2008

I'm off me bum (soon)

I ought to put in a note here: I'm no longer a bum. Well, soon to no longer be a bum. I've got about a month of bumming left, and I intend to use them wisely.

Around last week I got myself an offer to do some alien thing called work at a home cum law office. It's quite a nice suburban place; the elderly male there uses his house as an office, and a grand place it is too, thick rugs, ornaments and chandeliers abound. I felt rather inferior just to the alrm clock so I'm hoping I'll cope and not spend time in therapy wondering whether a penholder is peering snobbily down at me the whole time.

However, must say, the staff group, small group it is and friendly it seems which is always a bonus. And it's only in the next suburb, which is another bonus, and third bonus is it's nearby a library, which means if I get a lunch break I could always pop over and probably indulge in several of my favourite childhood picture books. Like 'Thingnapped' or the best of Milly-Molly-Mandy, and be back before anyone noticed.

And the front garden's very green and yummy looking, and nice and big. Not exactly something that makes me want to slide all over it in my overalls, but very pretty. Another plus!

1 comment:

Maria said...

I must note that this is one more New Year's Resolution completed!

Now I have to beat Mr Coffee at some board games. And watch some DVDs. And I think there were some other things to accomplish ...